Congratulations to the XTC Regional Winners from Slush!
November 22nd, 2019
Held annually in Helsinki, Finland, Slush is one of the most important startup events in the world. This year, the event offered an extra bonus as three Slush 100 competitors were selected as Extreme Tech Challenge (XTC) regional winners.
The XTC regional winners were recognized on the main stage at Slush and received invitations to the XTC Finals in Paris in 2020.
Meet these three latest XTC regional winners:
- Digizen , a fintech company, addresses the 1.1 billion people worldwide who can’t verify their identities, so can’t access basic financial services to make payments, receive credit, or get insurance. Digizen offers a trusted, secure means for establishing identities. Because many people without ID live in areas lacking reliable electricity and internet access, Digizen offers its transformative services offline as well as online.
- DoBrain , a health tech company, makes an AI-based app to diagnose and treat the 1 in 6 children around the world who experience developmental delay or disabilities. Compared to children in a control group receiving standard therapy, children participating in DoBrain programs show significant improvement in five cognitive functions.
- MeduSoil , a clean tech company, engineers biominerals for construction and environmental applications. MeduSoil couples traditional construction practice and tools with lab-developed, patented, and nature-based biochemical carriers, resulting in environmentally friendly minerals that build strong foundations and protect infrastructure against threats such as earthquakes, soil erosion, landslides, and rising sea levels.
The Extreme Tech Challenge is the world’s largest startup competition for entrepreneurs addressing global challenges. Built around the United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals, XTC discovers and supports new technologies and innovations that promise to solve the world’s most extreme problems.
What do startups gain by participating in XTC?
- Global visibility, with the opportunity to pitch to thousands of tech leaders at the Viva Technology (VivaTech) event in Paris in June 2020.
- Ability to raise capital through access to leading investors ready to help launch or grow promising startups.
- Industry collaborations and engagement with leaders from corporations and venture capital companies worldwide.
- World-class mentorship from industry leaders and experts who can help guide startups to success.
If you are involved in a promising startup that’s also driving positive change in the world, we invite you to join the Extreme Tech Challenge.
One way is to enter an XTC regional competition. The next one is happening in Germany, culminating at TechCrunch Disrupt Berlin on December 11-12. Apply for this Berlin XTC regional competition by Friday, November 29. Alternatively, you can apply for XTC Jerusalem on February 12-13.
Or you can apply directly for the XTC Global Finals in Paris by March 31, 2020.
Whether through a regional competition or direct application, now is the time to join XTC!