Startups will be judged on each of the following 4 criteria which will be scored from 1 (low) to 10 (high):
TEAM: Team’s credential and experience
- Is the team uniquely qualified to build this startup?
- Do they understand their customers and their industry well?
- Do they have the grit to carry this through?
PRODUCT/SERVICE INNOVATION: The level of innovation of the product or service
- Is the product or service innovative?
- Is it differentiated from competitive offerings?
PRODUCT MARKET FIT: Proof of commercial scalability and market size to support growth and profitability
- Is there signal that customers will value the offering?
- Is the market size large?
TECH FOR GOOD: The degree and reach of impact on human and planetary health
- How do you measure the startups impact on people’s lives and/or the environment?
- Will this startup improve the lives of a large number of people?
- And/or will this startup make a deep and meaningful impact on individual lives?
Additional Supplemental & Clarifying Considerations
- Is this a disruptive innovation that creates a new market and value network that displaces an existing industry?
PRODUCT MARKET FIT:
- Are the startup’s customers using or buying its product/services?
- Is the addressable market size large enough to sustain growth and profitability?
- Are there indicators that this product/service can scale commercially?
TECH FOR GOOD:
- Will this startup have a wide-reaching impact on people’s lives and/or the environment?
- Will this innovative product or service scale commercially to make a material impact on the world to improve human and planetary health?