Startups will be judged on each of the following 4 criteria which will be scored from 1 (low) to 10 (high):
TEAM: Team’s credential and experience
- Is the team uniquely qualified to build this startup?
- Do they strongly understand their customers and their industry?
- Do they have the determination and endurance to carry this through to completion?
PRODUCT/SERVICE INNOVATION: The level of innovation of the product or service
- Is this a disruptive innovation that creates a new market and/or a new value-ecosystem that displaces or radically modernizes an existing industry?
- Is it differentiated from competitive or substitute offerings?
PRODUCT MARKET FIT: Proof of commercial scalability and market size to support growth and profitability
- Are targeted customers using/buying its product/service?
- Can the startup show their product/service will scale enough in the addressable market for sufficient growth/profit to be an attractive investment?
TECH FOR GOOD: The degree and reach of impact on human and planetary health
- Is this innovative product/service addressing a significant global challenge to society and/or the environment?
- Can this startup’s product/service have a wide-reaching impact on same?