Employment Type: Contract to permanent | Part-time
The Marketing Operations role is responsible for envisioning and executing multi-platform campaigns that bring the Extreme Tech Challenge mission of empowering startups to solve global challenges to life and engage audiences around the world.
As the person responsible for liaising with partners, startups, and events, you will help set the strategy, align internal and external partners, manage projects, and ensure the XTC brand is represented in the best way possible.
You will report to the Executive Managing Directors of the Extreme Tech Challenge and work closely with the XTC ecosystem. This role requires someone who is passionate about the innovation driven by startups and someone who is a marketing jack of all trades that can not only plan & organize but also deliver.
Key Qualities to Succeed
The ideal candidate will think creatively, master solid marketing and communication skills with attention to detail to create programs, work with external partners to develop content, and deliver compelling and clear strategies and recommendations.
Experience working at a startup and a high-growth, multinational organization is a plus. This person is equally as comfortable working with corporate executives as they are speaking to startup founders.
You’ll have a strong background driving successful marketing campaigns targeted to startups and have excellent communication and cross-team collaboration skills. You will have the ability to adapt as XTC is a rapidly growing and evolving program.
● Lead the creation of fresh, authentic, and strategic marketing programs and campaigns that drive more startups to want to get involved in XTC
● Collaborate with our Creative & Branding Partner to develop, organize and execute a marketing schedule including newsletters, social media, co-marketing campaigns, website updates, events, etc.
● Measure and report the performance of all marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (KPIs)
● Work with partners to develop compelling narratives and campaigns that increase awareness of the impact of XTC and its partners
● Oversee assigned projects for their entire lifecycle, i.e., work with stakeholders early in the development of concepts, vet ideas through all teams, and lead a campaign through post-production and launch
● Communicate effectively through all stakeholders on a project including but not limited to: XTC management, Partner companies/organizations, Production, Design, Legal, and Client/Agency teams
● Researching topics, including relevant statistics and data, for use in content and messaging development (e.g., presentations, blogs, video scripts, emails, quotes, etc.)
● Helping develop industry-level keynotes and large-audience messaging frameworks
● Create and maintain marketing and communication project management tools
● Work alongside our Creative & Branding Partner to create attractive marketing collateral that achieves the intended goals
● Managing and executing the event & PR roadmap and associated marketing programs
● Executive Comms & Relations
● Campaign management & reporting
● 5+ years of operational experience in marketing
● Knowledge of marketing channels and analytics tools
● Experience in event management
● Self-starter who can work cross-functionally and isn’t frightened to take risks or try out new ways of doing things
● Team player and builder who can execute and thrive in a fast-paced environment and startup culture
● Strong decision-maker and ability to reorient teams and drive execution when priorities change
● Experience with live and online event planning and management
● Expert cross-functional project team management skills
● Superior problem-solving skills and a “can-do” attitude
● Verbal & written fluency in English, additional languages is a plus
● BA/BS or equivalent experience. MBA desirable
About Extreme Tech Challenge
Extreme Tech Challenge (XTC) is a USA nonprofit devoted to elevating the next generation of entrepreneurs creating new technologies and innovations that benefit humankind. Inspired by the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the Extreme Tech Challenge (XTC) competition is the world’s largest startup competition for entrepreneurs addressing global challenges. XTC® connects innovators with a network of investors, corporations, and mentors to help them raise capital, launch corporate collaborations, and scale their world-changing startups. The Extreme Tech Challenge is sponsored by 40 world-leading corporations including Samsung Electronics, Microsoft, Deutsch Telecom, Ford, Intel, Cisco, NXP, TechCrunch, Vivatech, and ARM.
To apply, email your resume to execdirector@
Together We Can Empower Global Innovation!
Enter the XTC competition
Join us to excite and impact
Help shape a better future